Do These 8 Things Now to Protect Yourself From a Crash
Editor’s Note: Before we get into today’s Trade of the Day, listen up!
If you miss out, you’ll lose the biggest completely FREE opportunity of your life. What if Bryan or Karim issues a pick next week that goes to the moon? Or if Bryan makes an overnight play that makes enough for you to buy your daughter a car? Members have done that before with his winners. What if you miss out on a quadruple-digit winner? Karim produced one for War Room members with AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV). You see, missing out on FREE, NO OBLIGATION insider access to The War Room could cost you BIG!
See you next week!
-Ben Dressing, Associate Product Manager
Can you handle a 20% market correction and still have dry powder to buy high-quality shares that will be marked down 20% to 50%? If not, then you need to work on your position sizing and asset allocation.
Look at your portfolio – are you overweight in any one sector or stock?
Have you switched as much as you can from stocks to LEAPS?
If not, then why not?
If you have positions that you are pretty sure you will not hold for more than a year or two and there are LEAPS available, then you should consider a swap to pull cash off the table and still have upside.
Below is a list of questions I ask myself when I look at my portfolio on days like today…
- Am I properly allocated?
- If I am holding a stock and not a LEAP security, do I have an adequate stop-loss in place?
- Can I switch from a stock to a LEAP security to pull cash off the table?
- Is the reason for owning the stock on Friday still the same today? If so, then I should not be panicking, but instead, I should start thinking about adding to my position.
- Am I position sized properly?
- Do I have any downside protection?
- Has something materially changed in the economy – either from the fiscal side or the monetary side?
- Do the companies I own have good fundamentals?
This is not a complete list. But it’s a start, and it’s something you should look to. While panic is a strategy, it’s a poor one.
Action Plan: If you want profits AND more of this type of advice to help you protect yourself in every market environment, then you NEED to join us FREE of charge next week in The War Room! We’ll tell you exactly how to play the market no matter what happens… and you can see for yourself exactly what makes The War Room the biggest breakthrough in trading research.